"Version Control for engineers" (SVN edition) is a freeware Windows collaboration tool for engineers, scientist and designers.
"Version Control for engineers" gives you the file revision control for your hardware, engineering and scientific projects, CAD/CAM files and other binary and text documents.
Product audience is a mechanical and civil engineers, scientist and designers.
- Made easy collaboration for your work group.
- Made easy you individual work on several computers.
- Zero the headache of "There is the document X?" or "Which version of this drawing is last?"
- Made visual all of document modifications between versions.
- File synchronization via LAN or Internet
- Full change control
- Whole project history
- Merge conflict resolver
- Image diff (visual compare)
- Clear Windows GUI and easy installation (or use as Portable)
MS Windows installer
6.9 MB installer for Windows, v0.21, release date 09.01.17
Alternative link: vce_setup_0.21.exe
MS Windows portable
"Main window with project list" dialog
"Project view" dialog with main tools
"Adding new project" dialog
Original, modified and compared image (fit to window size, difference is highlighted with red)
Original, modified and compared MS Visio drawings
How it works
"Version Control for engineers" is graphical user interface client for SVN (Apache™ Subversion®) version control system.
Program supports the file, http and https connection to SVN repositories. To collaborate on your project, you need the ready SVN-repository in your LAN, Internet or in cloud.
Article about where you can host your projects - read the docs...
How to use
- Download, install and run the program.
- If you wish to connect to svn repositories, hosted in the Internet, and you are behind the proxy-server - do configuring the proxy host in "Options" dialog.
- Add new project. Type the url of existing repository, your credentials (if needed) and local path - where do you want to place the working copy.
- When repository will checkout to selected working copy path, you can edit your project local files with any editors your prefer.
- When some editions complete, back to project window and observe your modifications. Use "Commit" command to send (publishing) all modifications to repository. Use "Update" command to take all modification from repository (made from other people).
- Use the "View log" ("View item log") command to see whole history of committed (saved to repository) modifications for your project (or selected file).
Handle CAD file versions and revisions
With "Version Control for engineers" you can handle file versions and revisions for most of desktop CAD/CAM systems - read the docs....
Image diff (compare for technical visuals)
One of the most wanted function for revision control of technical drawings - visual compare.
VCE gives the dual and triple view of original, modified and compared image, with zoom and scroll synchronization - read the docs...
VCE support wide list of common raster and vector graphics formats like BMP, GIF, PNG, PSD, EPS, SVG - full list read in the docs...
MS Word diff (compare for technical documents)
If you have MS Word installed on your computer, VCE can run the .doc and .docx comparison from Diff and Resolve dialogs for viewing modified and conflicted documents - read the docs...
MS Visio diff (compare for technical drawings)
If you have MS Visio installed on your computer, VCE can show the .vsd, .vdx and .vdw drawings comparison from Diff and Resolve dialogs for modified and conflicted documents - read the docs...
DWG and DXF diff (compare for CAD files)
If you have MS Visio installed on your computer, VCE can show the .dwg and dxf visual comparison from Diff and Resolve dialogs for modified and conflicted documents - read the docs...
CDW diff (compare for KOMPAS Graphic CAD files)
If you have KOMPAS Graphic installed on your computer, VCE can show the .cdw visual comparison from Diff and Resolve dialogs for modified and conflicted documents - read the docs...
Read full overview in Portable distributive article.
Tell all the people!
If you are satisfied with VCE - please tell about it to you friends. We need the user feedback to design the product by your way.